I n the medium of “Art performance” ,the politics of the body is very prominent i.e. more physical, solid, existential, contextual in front of the audience where audience can feel the attachment, connect - reconnect with the visual that emerges from the medium. I am exploring the body as a surface and playing with it and try to understand the politics of surface through my experiment. The visuals or images of my work and performances I have made so far tried to explore the nature of chaos and violence in my surroundings camouflage in our psychology also being an Assamese I would like to relate my Assam experiences with the recent global developments. I am engaging with those questions that how personal narrative has an important role in the social context, how the personal narratives or conflict are become universal? This project starts from a personal dialogue within family members. The narrative is like: when I am working in studio at Guwahati my parents called me every day...
A site specific installation and art performance part of 6th Episode of Uronta Residential Art exchange Program. Venue: Gourarong Jamidari bari, Sunamganj, Syllet division, Bangladesh. 2017 Curated by Sadya Mizan, Bangladesh. Pics 01 / left: Details of the site specific Installation and Right: Part of the Performance History of a land and ownership always changes in time and we may nostalgic and sometimes rational. My meet to this Art project towards history that “How a psychology took a shape when the geographical contour deviations. Meanwhile conflict endures from there to here. Space and context has played important role in my work. The space carries minimum 200 years of history, which slowly demolished physically as well as the narrative should rebuild in the context. On the other hand, the context has historical connection to my homeland that I want to re-establish through the political map in different ti...
as Part of “the longest performance day” | 2017 | Duration 20 minutes. Curated by Dorothea Rust and Irene Muller. A Peppermint Candy is trembling from his mouth with an inviting gesture. He is wearing a hat like tub and holding some leaf like offering to viewers. Audience can interact with the space, with the objects or leafs. Finally they have to bite the candy which creates a kind of erotophobic sensibilities with the visuals. He uncover the head, lots of leaf fall down from the tub. Anupam Saikia. #performanceart #liveperformance #eroticart
Comments
Post a Comment