Shadow of a shadow | A performative Installation at Crack





This project was Documents by Hossain Atahar Surjo and Fatema Helia


A site specific performative installation (?) titled “Shadow of a shadow” was done on the open day of Crack International art Camp. I want to create a painting in the site which we may call site specific painting where the act of painting is no exist but the element or subject of my previous painting is physically exist. I am obsesses with some element like bed, body in landscape in my painting. Therefore, in the camp I decided to select a wide horizon / landscape as background, and the middle ground there is tilted bed on the water surface and I perform in the middle ground, and the foreground there was four body marks by white line and dig on the ground. For me the whole area is like a painting in physical and existential as well as audience can move inside the painting.













Indeed, the whole work is open for the public, where the local villagers were come to attend / participated / engage / see those work in the camp. So, are they able to understand that I am exploring a painting in the form of site specific performative installation? It is obvious no, than what is my address of interest to that public? The answer should be in subjective way, where I tried to communicate through some action relation with day to day narratives. The people, mostly from farmer family who are very much conscious even they can comprehend about performance, installation etc to some extend because they have experience through the camps open days. Some of them started to come to camp for interacted with artist two/three days before the open day. Even some of them can talk about performance as medium.





(c) Anupam Saikia.
11th edition of Crack | Kushthia | Bangladesh.
December 2017

#performance Art #artperformance #liveperformance #sitespecific 

3 comments:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. Massage ball for pain relief
    Nail X
    Good Article

    ReplyDelete